Your privacy is very important to us. The following policy has been developed to assure you that in keeping with Federal Privacy Legislation – Bill C-6, we respect the personal information that we collect. We consider personal information to be any information that is specific to any one individual.
The personal information we collect is for the following purposes:
- Issuing thank you letters and official tax receipts;
- Relationship building;
- Informing you of upcoming events and fundraising activities;
- Providing you with information regarding areas of interest to you at the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital;
- Requesting further financial support for the needs of the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital and/or medical related projects.
It will be understood that by having voluntarily made donations to West Lincoln Memorial Hospital Foundation Inc., your consent is given for us to collect the following personal information and to contact you as indicated above under Purpose unless notice is provided to us in writing advising otherwise.
We collect only the necessary information to serve you, including the following:
- Your name;
- Your spouse’s name;
- Correct mailing address and telephone number;
- Information provided by you regarding times of year and/or methods by which you wish to be contacted and/or areas of interest.
Additional information that you may wish to provide but we do not consider necessary to properly service you include:
- Email address to allow us to contact you electronically;
- Place of employment;
- Service clubs, church or other organizations to which you belong.
In order to protect your information, security safeguards are in place including training of authorized staff and volunteers in the proper handling of information and annual confidentiality agreements signed.
You have the right to review all of the information we have on file by contacting the foundation’s privacy officer in writing to request to do so.
We make every effort to ensure that all of the information contained in your account with us is correct and accurate. We rely on you to contact us with changes in address, telephone number and marital status in order that we continue to have accurate information on file.
For more information contact our Privacy Officer:
Pamela Ellens, Executive Director